Transportation (Car, Bus, Etc.) Resources
Transportation is a key part of most people's daily lives. Whether by bus, car, bicycle, or commuter rail, you probably spend much more time in transit than actually thinking about how you get around. However, the type of transport you use and how you approach it can affect many aspects of life, from personal finance to health and safety.
School Bus Driver Safety
For school children around the country, school buses provide a necessary function. Especially for families in suburban and rural areas without public transportation, the school bus makes it possible for kids to arrive at school each day. The environment on a school bus, however, can be unique. It's important for children to learn basic school bus safety, both for the daily ride and in case of emergencies.
- Wisconsin School Safety Coordinators Association: Health and Safety Links - WSSCA provides health and safety information for Wisconsin schools.
- Child Care Health & Safety Links - This organization offers information and links about childcare health and safety
- East Texas Association for Pupil Transportation - The East Texas Association for Pupil Transportation provides links to safety resources at the local, state, and national level
- American School Bus Council: Educator's Toolkit - Teachers and administrators can use these resources to teach safe school bus protocol.
- IVDB: Community-Based Prevention and Intervention Links - The Institute on Violence and Destructive Behavior maintains a list of resources on bullying, riding the school bus, and juvenile justice.
- Bus Safety Coloring Pages - Children can learn bus safety while enjoying these coloring pages.
- The Institute on Violence and Destructive Behavior - This collection of links includes information on various themes of school safety.
- Staying Safe between Home and School - Flagler Schools offers a range of activities, posters, and kid-friendly articles about staying safe.
- Lakeview Community Schools - Transportation & Maintenance - The Lakeview Community Schools provides information on school bus safety.
- Ladies of the Heart: Links - This collection of links to periodicals, organizations, and government agencies provides all the necessary information on safely riding the bus.
- Merri's Daycare: Safety Activities - Here you can find safety-oriented activities for children of all ages.
- North Star Pediatrics - An Indiana-based pediatric office provides information on child safety, from infancy through school years.
- School Bus Links - Students, parents, and teachers can refer to these links for information about school buses, including dealers, manufacturers, and more.
- School Bus Shop Links - The links provided on this page cover school bus safety themes.
- Family Support Links - Refer to educational safety information from this listing from the organization Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County.
Motor Vehicle Emissions
Given the environment's increasingly fragile state, many drivers are becoming concerned about vehicle emission levels. Likewise, governmental bodies are taking notice. Learn about the emission levels of various models. Plus, it's key to know what's permitted where you live, as regulations can vary geographically.
- American Motors Corporation: Links - Learn about various aspects of the vehicles produced by the American Motors Corporation.
- Resources: Banking, Cinemas, Car Insurance, and More - Use this list of online resources for information from Anahuac local newspapers, parks, and driving information.
- Helpful Sites: Charging Stations, Electric Boats, and Auto Insurance - This list you can find EV charging stations, classified ads, and magazines.
- Build Responsible: Helpful Links - From the Build Responsible Institute, these resources include links to associations, non-profit organizations, and case studies.
- Homework Helpers - The Ecology Global Network features links about ecology themes, energy conservation, and more.
- ITEEA Mission Green Technology: Links - These links from the International Technology and Engineering Educators covers various green themes, from furniture to climate change.
- The International Technology and Engineering Educators Association: Links - Refer to these online resources from the ITEEA for information on various environmental themes.
- University of Oregon: Data Sources for International Environmental Politics - Read these online resources about the environmental politics, lawmaking, and statistics.
- GreenWorksGov: Links - From air quality to driving issues, these links cover a wide range of green themes.
- Georgian Court University Links - This university's listing of environmental links includes crafts, energy saving advice, and smart growth.
- Sustainable West Milford: Resources - From Sustainable West Milford, these online resources include advice on green issues, from cooking to transportation.
- Resources for Eco-Building Products - Look to Eco-Building Products, Inc. for information on green building strategies.
- Coastal Zone: Green Links - Find out about coral reef protection and the environmental issues that affect coastal environments.
- OilWakeUpCall.com: Links - Look to this list of online resources for data about alternative energy sources, from solar to geothermal energy.
- Physics 137: Supplementary Information - These links address everything from meteorology to optics.
- The Green Anthem: What Can I Do? - Refer to a list of eco-friendly hints for a greener day-to-day lifestyle.
- Thylacoleo's Research Page - This collection of links includes major periodicals, scientific professional associations and web directories.
- Georgian Court University: Green Links - Find reliable green information from these environmentally-themed sites.
- Bellevue University: Energy Crisis Websites - A set of quick links provides researchers with detailed information about the energy crisis.
- UW Transportation and Parking - From the University of Wisconsin River Falls, this page features a lengthy list of green transportation information.
- ITEEA: Mission Green Environment Technology - These links offer information on pollution, alternative energy, and other ecological themes.
- SBANJ Resources: from Car Insurance to Furnishings - Refer to these online resources for environmental information on a diverse range of themes.
- GreenWorksGov: Internet - GreenWorksGov provides information for researchers, primarily focused on air pollution prevention.
- Motor Vehicle Emissions - The Colorado Dept. of Public Health and Environment offers information on safe emissions levels.
The Electric Car
Within the past ten years, electric vehicles (or "EV") have catapulted from far-out fade to an increasingly mainstream option. The cars have different requirements than traditional fuel-based vehicles. Therefore, some research is advisable before making the switch. For many owners, though, the transition is pleasant, with bonuses such as reduced car insurance costs.
Pet and Animal Vehicle Safety
When on the road, human passengers aren't necessarily the driver's only concern. When traveling with pets, it's important to know some basics of how to proceed safely. Acclimating your pet to taking trips is a wise idea. Even for pets who predominantly stay home, a trip to the veterinary office may occasionally be necessary.
Classic Mustang Resources
The Ford Mustang has inspired generations of admirers. You may be a long-time aficionado or simply taken with a recent model. In either case, numerous publications exist to inform and entertain the huge group of enthusiasts that the car attracts. Learn about everything from aesthetic details to fuel efficiency.
Defensive Driving and Car Insurance
"Defensive driving" refers to a style of driving in which the driver takes extra precautions to avoid accidents. This may include driving more slowly or keeping a greater distance from other automobiles. Defensive driving courses are increasingly available for both new and experienced drivers. As a bonus, enrolling in a course can lower auto insurance costs.
Car Racing in the U.S.
Car racing is worlds apart from how most people use their vehicles. However, the publications that cover the sport also offer fascinating insight into the core of how cars and engines work. Learning about racing can reveal much about the potential performance of automobiles. In addition, car racing enthusiasts may participate in advanced or technical driving courses, which can offer some skills that transfer to "real world" driving situations.